Pregnancy and childbirth in cats
Pregnancy and childbirth are critical periods that need tons of straightforward work actually. it’s necessary to require care of the pregnant cat throughout the pregnancy and prepare it and prepare what’s necessary for its birth and taking care of its young after birth. All of those things require a couple of simple and straightforward equipment.
Knowing the pregnancy of the cat
- The cat’s body undergoes some obvious changes during pregnancy, physical and psychological changes. Here, it should be monitored, water and food provided and examined by a veterinarian to understand its health condition, especially during the mid-pregnancy period. We mention some observations on the cat during pregnancy:
- Swelling of the breasts, increasing their size, and turning their color red in preparation for the beginning of milk production, which is one among the signs of pregnancy in cats and other mammals.
- The pregnant cat notices calm and tenderness and can like better to stay next thereto s owner’s tons and check out to draw in attention to it.
- a rise within the appetite of a pregnant cat, eating quite usual, which is normal thanks to the state of pregnancy and therefore the increase within the need for food for fetuses.
- The pregnant cat begins with the so-called “nesting”, which is that the look for an area to offer birth to suit the cat. presumably, the pregnant cat is trying to seek out a quiet, safe place far away from others to form her feel safe.
- Significant increase within the size of the abdomen at the age of 1 month within the pregnant cat.
It is possible to start out examining a pregnant cat at the age of twenty-two days of pregnancy by ultrasound (ultrasound) at the veterinarian to work out the status, condition, and a number of fetuses.
cat pregnancy period
Pregnancy in cats lasts about 62-68 days, or about 9 weeks, during which there are many changes within the pregnant cat, especially within the last three days of pregnancy, which is that the critical period when a drop in temperature, a decrease in appetite, and rapid breathing with gasping from the mouth With anxiety and stress, she is searching all day for an appropriate place to offer birth, until the time of birth shows her fatigue, exhaustion and severe contractions in preparation for birth.
Preparing the place of birth
Often the pregnant mother prepares the place for her birth herself, which she is going to prefer to be calm, safe, and warm.
It is preferable to remain next to your cat during childbirth to extend her reassurance and through childbirth, which may last for an hour or two, counting on the cat and consistent with the number of previous births.
Postpartum kitten care
It is preferable to go away the mother liable for caring for her newly born young and will not intervene unless the mother fails to require excellent care of her young, because it is preferable to carry the young kitten with a bit of fabric exclusively in order that its smell doesn’t change. This causes the mother to repel her. Then the duct is often examined and cut a finger far away from the kitten’s belly with betadine sterilized scissors and left until it dries and falls off.
Feeding the kitten
A kitten is often left to breastfeed by its mother by bringing it on the brink of its stomach. If the mother doesn’t breastfeed it, it is often given lactose-free human milk for newborns and breast-feeds employing a syringe (syringe) or a dropper, listening to the position of the tiny kitten during this feeding, which must be standing with its head extended and not Breastfeed her lying on her side, and feedings must tend every two hours, maximum every 3 hours.
It is preferable to stay the place of birth warm in summer or winter by employing a heater, or placing a warm bottle next thereto, or putting clothes or fabrics that provide warmth to assist the mother lookout for her young.
Postpartum cat condition
After birth, he will notice sagging and sagging within the abdomen from the mother cat thanks to pregnancy and with time the abdomen will return to its normal position and therefore the breeder must lookout for the cat’s food and supply it with food containing broiler meat, chicken fat or petite marmite, and avoiding dairy which will cause it fatigue, diarrhea and bloating.
The mother will still breastfeed her young until the age of two months, at which era it’s preferable to start out weaning the young by isolating the kitten from the mother for 3 days and placing normal food for the young until they get won’t to it.
In the event that the kitten is lost or given to adoption or after weaning, and you notice the mother’s moaning, warm compresses are often placed on the mother’s chest and breasts while trying to squeeze it to extract the milk and rid it of the pain.
It is also necessary to require constant care of the kitten and appearance for the presence of insects, especially fleas which will be transmitted thereto from the mother, because the omega and are often used and sprayed on the young kitten and therefore the mother, taking care to not spray it on the mother’s breasts so as to not cause harm to the young, and therefore the brushes thereunder should be changed every period to guard On the cleanliness of the place.